- Educate & Learn
- Walk-in Tours
Walk-in tours are provided by the West Baton Rouge Museum from Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM, as well as on Sunday from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Please note:
- Walk-in tours are personalized to fit guests' needs but generally run between one and two hours.
- Guests may wish to further personalize their tours by choosing to focus on any of the following themes:
- Culinary Traditions
- Musical Traditions
- While guests may walk the grounds of the museum unaccompanied, tours of our historic structures are guided by staff.
- All of the historic structures are accessible but most are not air conditioned and the paths to these structures are uncovered.
- Mobility impaired visitors may be dropped off and picked up in our gravel horseshoe drive located to the right of the entrance on N. Jefferson Avenue. Please do not block the driveway.
Visites Guidées en Français!
The West Baton Rouge Museum is proud to offer guided tours in French! The museum has French-language publications related to our exhibits, and our French-language tour guide is equally comfortable with standard French, Canadian French, and Louisiana French dialects. Please call in advance to ensure that a French-language guided tour is available on the day you intend to visit.
Le West Baton Rouge Museum est fier d’offrir des visites guidées en français! Le musée a des publications en français à propos de nos expositions, et notre guide francophone est également confortable avec le français standard, le français canadien, et le français louisianais. Les visites en français se réservent par téléphone.